What is Post-Hospital Discharge Care?
After a hospital discharge, you’ll need to carefully follow all of the instructions from your healthcare provider.
- If you have a question about your follow-up care, call to ask.
- If you’re concerned about problems, make sure to call with questions. This can help prevent problems from getting worse.
- Make sure to keep all of your follow-up appointments.
- When you go to an appointment, be ready to tell your healthcare provider how you have been feeling.
- Bring copies of any test results.
- Ask questions about any part of your recovery or care.
- You may have been given important instructions to follow, such as weighing yourself daily or doing certain exercises to speed your recovery.
Let family members or friends be a part of your recovery after discharge.
- They may be able to pick up medications or take you to appointments.
- They may remember things that you forget about symptoms, problems, or questions you want to ask.
- This can help you ensure a smoother recovery after discharge.